Sunday 1 August 2010

Come fly with me....


Hours sat around a week reading fashion magazines led me to notice a consistent trend from a predominantly Burberry Prorsum's, but also 3.1 Philip Lim, Just Cavalli and Emilio Pucci's A/W 2010 collection,a garment that no one seems to be able to get enough of.....AVIATOR JACKETS!!!

Yes, we are talking fully blown Top Gun style jackets, complete with sheep skin lining, huge stand up collars and buckles and belts as embellishment. Apparently the military trend of the summer had taken to the air and in my opinion is flying high.


Sadly, I have a feeling that my student loan will not be enough to purchase myself one of Burberry's Beauts, so I will be sticking to either a replica from the high street, or scouting out a vintage one on Ebay or in a vintage store!! At the moment my favorite is Topshop's replica, but at nearly £300 can I justify it when I am supposed to be saving to survive at Uni, and so far I have nothing!!?? Although I am well aware that the cost-per-wear would justify my buying it. I have also found other good replicas at Next and Asos both at around £100, so maybe I will have to consider them when it comes to making my purchase as soon as payday comes around the corner!!
Topshop's delish offering..

And the one from ASOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment