Tuesday 1 June 2010

What I have learned in the last nine months









I officially finished my Art foundation at UCA, about two weeks ago. Since then, time seems to have passed by so quickly due to the amount of sleep I have been catching up on....nine months of art is defiantly exhausting! But I had to go in today to collect all my work that wasn't needed for our end of year exhibition. It only occurred to me today, that over those sleep deprived, nine months I have experienced so much, that I need to appreciate the opportunities I have right now, rather than moaning about late nights and too much work, then looking back in the future and only realising then, actually how good things were, where I am right about now. So apart from dealing with being skint, deadlines and sewing machines, my time at UCA has taught me some essential lessons in life.......

I <3 Sharpies
Facebook, blogs, Ebay and Skype are my biggest distraction
It's ok to be 23 and be a student. There is no shame in taking a step back to do something that you love rather than continuing doing something that doesn't give you goosebumps when you think about it......the same applies to men.
When I am collaging I am at my happiest...paper..Prittstick+stickers+magazines+letraset+stencils=HEAVEN!!
There is no shame in pre-drinking and the Aussie bar is always open!!
Mannequins need to wear nappies!
TRIFT stores are exactly the same as THRIFT stores
Not all art students are emo's
If you want something really badly you will cry, get angry, blame yourself for not being good enough...but only when it is the right thing for you will you feel like this.
When times get hard, hit Red Bull
Photo shoots are so unbelievably stressful and make you want to cry, but at the end of the day when you sit down at your laptop and look through a selection of beautiful images it is all worthwhile.
New York feels more like home to me than my own house.
There is no point in trying too hard to be individual, because in the end you will loose your identity.
Life is better orange!!!
And finally.....I have a group of disgustingly beautiful friends that i love very very much, without you loosers this year would potentially have sucked hard but you made it better than I could have ever imagined! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment