Wednesday 1 June 2011

New York, New York. So good they named it twice

I've finished my 1st year of uni. But i'm not going home for another month as theres still social events to attend in Nottingham!! To fill my time and stop me spending money I've been re-visiting my 4 fave single gals for the millionth time. Watching repeats of Sex and the City not only reminds me of how much I love the characters, the outfits and the girl's various relationships, but how much I love New York.

I've crossed the Atlantic to the Big Apple 3 times. My first visit was in the hazy summer of 2007, the dollar was at 2.1 to every pound and I felt like a millionaire. Yes, I got some incredible bargains!! I brought back more Mac and Marc Jacobs than is even worth thinking about!

It was this summer I was encapsulated by the magic of New York and realised that to me it is one of the most amazing places in the world. One thing I really got from this trip was how proud New Yorkers are of their city. I remember seeing a homeless man sat outside McDonalds in Time Square, In a Yankees cap and  an 'I heart NY' t-shirt and just feeling that although he has no shelter, New York is his home. I Returned a week later all spent up and with an addiction to a truly unbelievable city.

Oh, to be Carrie Bradshaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment