Wednesday 15 June 2011

Andy.

I'm back home for a few days before going back to Nottingham to pack up my junk before returning home for the summer. So this morning I woke up early and decided to head down to Southampton to the City Art Gallery before the closure of the Andy Warhol exhibition that has been there since the end of March.

I have seen Warhol's most famous pieces of work at places such as Moma and the Tate, but in such a small gallery such as this one in Southampton, I was interested to see what was on offer. My fingers were crossed for some of his really early illustration work as I've looked into some of it recently and really loved what I had seen.

One room in the gallery was filled with advertisements and posters made by Warhol, and this was by far my most favourite room. I especially liked the poster designed to look like a cinema ticket, advertising the 5th New York film festival. You can see it in the top corner of the bottom image!!




Its a free exhibition with some of Warhol's amazing, but less renowned work so definitely worth a visit for any art enthusiast. 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. looks like youve been a busy bee alice! that looks so colourful!

    ReplyDelete